Don’t ask what your Church can do for you …. ask what you can do for your Church!
Jesus envisioned a church family in which every member played his or her part and here at St T’s our volunteers are the life-blood of all we do.
What we have noticed is that when people get involved and serve they feel a greater sense of belonging and smile a lot!
Our volunteers help in a wide range of activities including:
Serving IN the church
- ~ running our children’s and youth ministries*
- ~ leading us in worship by singing or playing a musical instrument
- ~ providing and serving refreshments to all who come
- ~ helping out in the church office and church admin
- ~ providing pastoral support*
- ~ ensuring Sundays run smoothly (PA desk, reading, intercessions, welcoming ….)
- ~ support our growing in faith through leading or hosting a small group or getting involved in our many other groups
- ~ making food for people
- ~ serving coffees in our cafe
- ~ maintaining our beautiful buildings and grounds …
The list goes on!
Serving THROUGH the church
We offer many opportunities that you can serve the wider community through a St T’s project or with one of our partner organisations including:
- ~ Working with those in need of love and practical support (St T’s Community Fund project)*
- ~ Working with the homeless (Church on the Bus)*
- ~ Working with fostered or adopted children (Home For Good Derbyshire)*
- ~ Working to support those in the night-time (Street Pastors)*
And lots more.
We need you!
It doesn’t matter if you’ve got just one hour a week or many … whatever your age, shape or skill there will be a place where you can make a positive and welcome contribution to the life of our church. We offer training when required …. fun and friendship comes as standard!
If you’d like to learn how you can play your part and belong here, please see a member of staff on a Sunday, speak to your small group leader, or contact Sally-Anne in the church office.
The Bible tells us that God has prepared good works in advance for us to do … let’s do them together!
* We require all volunteers working with children, youth or vulnerable adults to agree to a FREE DBS check before they can serve.